Sunday, May 08, 2005

EBay and the Genome?

That's right.

Well, they aren't exactly selling your genes on eBay, yet.

Right now, it seems, the online auction house is simply selling material relating to the Human Genome.

I wonder, if eBay is still around, could I sell my gene map on eBay. Why not, people sell all kinds of things, and this would actually be something I own.

What would someone do with my gene map? Maybe I would try to buy the gene map of Russell Crowe and see if we had any of the same traits?

Instead of all those crazy online dating services, maybe in the future, I may be able to pick out my future mate by examining their genes, looking at them on a biological level to see if I like what 'they got'.
Crazier things have been done. I mean, we do live in a Heliocentric world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home